Thursday 24 February 2011

Being ill.

This week Oscar has had an ear infection and has spent most of his time in our bed watching television. Fortunately three of his favorite programs, Backyard Science, Lab Rats and Kid Detectives have been on back to back all week. We have also read.......a lot!

I found these two Sam's science books at a car boot sale last weekend and they are brilliant!

And having had a good browse round the internet and reading lots of reviews I bought this book and it arrived yesterday each page just has a sentence or two about some of the traits of Asperger syndrome but as well as discussing some of the things that a child (or cat) might find a little difficult it also shows many of the positives. I sat and read it with Oscar and by the end he asked me if he had Asperger Syndrome, I said yes and he said 'cool'. I couldn't have hoped for a better response. Roger and I both feel it's important that he knows about his diagnosis but we don't want it to be a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment